I can't come up with a good title -_-

Monday, March 20, 2006

Forced writing ahoy!

I don’t know what to type. I just sat here for 15 minutes drawing blanks on what to type just for the sake of having something typed for tomorrow’s class. The only thing I can grab onto as a prompt for writing is merely this frustration itself. Today, like many other days, I am confronted with a paradox: I don’t want to type every night because I know I’ll write even more badly than I apparently do anyway in comparison to others, but I want to post every night because that in itself is putting my greatest effort into the class.

What is it that I can do to make my posts worthy “of note” during class? I have almost no knowledge about writing good poetry, so I don’t even touch it. And if something during the day doesn’t strike me as something worth writing about, I feel defeated before I even start. If I create a little more internet traffic each day, will the posts look more appealing? Or am I not making enough personal essays to make progress in my writing?

Come to think of it, I do struggle with that a lot. A number of people have happily poured out parts of their life stories onto these blogs. I admire that they feel so open toward the class, I really do, but that’s something that I’m uncomfortable with sharing most of the time and I don’t know how they can do it. I have very few memories that I keep secret from people, but they stay with me. In other words, I have difficulty pouring out my heart to someone on the basis that he or she is my classmate.

Anyway, if I came off as disrespectful to anyone, let me say that I’m sorry and that that was not my intention at all. I’m just feeling frustrated at my current inabilities.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

THe fact is that you need to practice writting about youself, and yet don't. You already did it once. Can you guess which post I'm talking about?
Anyway, I think a great idea for you would be to create a series of short stories based upon events you find struck you as special (either ed or awesome). Just a thought! I know you would be a great short-story-ist! Do not be afraid!
(I know LT is scary, but she gets funny when I try to write Elizibethian (spelling) lol so i know I have something to agrivate her if need be >:D! Ninja!)

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home