I can't come up with a good title -_-

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Reflection

When trying to think of something to throw on here, it occured to me that I could look at the blog I wrote for computer science during freshman year and think about how I've improved my writing since then.

In this blog that I wrote three years ago, I wrote mainly on the topic of video games. One of the main characteristics of my blog is that I was painfully biased toward nintendo and against most everything else in that industry. I think I still am, but at least today I can recognize it. Freshman year I had no awareness of my own ignorance; I spit out stuff without knowing both sides of a story and I didn't care. Today's article that we heard in Creative Writing reminded me of this a lot, because this author sounded about as opinionated as I was. So, I decided to tear apart a paragraph I wrote back then much like we tore apart the other article in class.

"Heeeeyyy...I'm back. Miss me? Didn't think so. Anyway what to say now.........the games. People love Halo for Xbox and Grand Theft Auto for playstation. I can't make a fair opinion about Halo because I haven't played. Though the fact that it helped inspire the Maryland sniper doesn't make me approve of it. It's because of this that I can safely assume that Halo is just another game with tons of unrequired violence that get popularity from immature gamers."
-Me, freshman moron of '06

"Heeeeyyy...I'm back. Miss me? Didn't think so." - ........OMG SO FUNNY!!11oneone!!11!! If that opening line was any more creative, my head would have burst open!

"People love Halo for Xbox and Grand Theft Auto for playstation." - Here I am under the impression that I can somehow speak for thousands of X Box and Playstation fans across the nation, many of which I have never met before.

"I can't make a fair opinion about Halo because I haven't played. Though the fact that it helped inspire the Maryland sniper doesn't make me approve of it." - The maryland sniper comment wasn't a made up statement, I saw it on a news cast, but nevertheless the people who committed those crimes were messed up to begin with and Halo can't be blamed for that. Unfortunately, that thought had not occured to me at the time; I pulled a Jack Thompson and took an oppurtunity to blame a tradgedy I knew little about on a video game I knew nothing about. Also, in general I wasn't being as effective as I had hoped to be by simply saying an objective-sounding sentence to excuse an extremely one-sided statement in the next sentence.

"It's because of this that I can safely assume that Halo is just another game with tons of unrequired violence that get popularity from immature gamers" - translation? "I only said one thing that isn't even solid fact against this game; This gives me a right to act like I know more than anyone who disagrees with me. And I am totally mature and correct. I promise."

Having looked over how I used to think things through, or not think at all (depends how you look at it), I would like to take this oppurtunity to say that I am truly grateful for having been taught to support arguments with thought in these four years of high school. If it wasn't for my education, I fear I would be reduced to this for the rest of my life.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

This was a great example of how we mature through the ages (^^). The fact you killed your OWN piece of writting is very inspiring DJ. Prehaps we should all do this sometimes. (Begins searching for 4 year old written pieces!)

4:02 AM  
Blogger คนสวย2019 said...

ฟิลเลอร์เป็นยังไง





?
สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกทางด้านการแพทย์





ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ เป็น



สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอใกล้





หรือ HA เป็นสารที่รับประกัน







มาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั้งโลก





แล้ว เป็นสารสกัดธรรมชาติ









ที่มีส่วนประกอบ



ของคลอลาเจน มีองค์ประกอบ





ประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยแนวทาง



ทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูงฉีดฟิลเลอร์
ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ใต้ตา
ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ร่องแก้ม

9:01 PM  
Blogger dokdok said...

• กำจัดขน
• กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) เลือนริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
• รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นและก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดและก็เรียบเนียน
• รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่ไม่ปกติ
• ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวใสดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
• กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
• รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจะต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันหลายคราวก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี


เลเซอร์ขนขา
เลเซอร์รักแร้
เลเซอร์บิกินี
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

10:16 PM  
Blogger dokdok said...

• กำจัดขน
• กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) เลือนริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
• รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นรวมทั้งรูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดและก็เรียบเนียน
• รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่ไม่ดีเหมือนปกติ
• ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวใสมองดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
• กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
• รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แม้กระนั้นบางทีอาจจำต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันหลายคราวก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี


เลเซอร์ขนขา
เลเซอร์รักแร้
เลเซอร์บิกินี
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

9:55 PM  
Blogger dokdok said...

ศัลยกรรมเสริมคาง
อีกหนึ่งศัลยกรรมหรืออีกหนึ่งทางออกสำหรับปัญหาของคนรูปคางสั้น รูปคางผิดรูปผิดรอยคนที่มีคางสั้น คางเล็ก คางปราศจากความนูนหรือคางร่นมาด้านข้างหลัง ทำให้บริเวณใบหน้ามองกลม หน้าสั้น ศูนย์กลางของบริเวณใบหน้ามองกว้าง คอดูมีเนื้อมาก ซึ่งเป็นรูปลักษณ์ที่ไม่สวยสวย
ซึ่งปัญหาพวกนี้สามารถปรับปรุงโดยการเสริมคาง ทำให้สามารถแลเห็นรูปคางได้แจ้งชัดบริเวณใบหน้าด้านล่างก็จะมองมีมิติ แล้วก็เป็นการปรับรูปหน้าให้วีเชฟได้รูปรูปทรงตามความอยากได้ของคนป่วย แต่ว่าดังนี้ขึ้นกับหมอผู้ผ่าตัดจะเป็นผู้ประเมินรูปร่างความเหมาะสมของรูปหน้าด้วย


เลเซอร์ขนขา
เลเซอร์รักแร้
เลเซอร์บิกินี
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

11:08 PM  
Blogger Thomas Gupta said...

Thank you very much for your great information. It really makes me happy and I am satisfied with the arrangement of your post. You are really a talented person I have ever seen. I will keep following you forever. If you have time you can check iTunes Gift card

1:02 PM  
Blogger loda lasan said...

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. I have something new for you about Autoclicker

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home