I can't come up with a good title -_-

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A thought

"12 days left until school's out!"

"No it's not that short"

"Yeah it is!"

"naw uh"

"yeah huh!"

"No, maybe it's 18 days, but it's not 12"

"Yeah it is!"

Why are we keeping track? Or trying to, in the case of this conversation I overheard at lunch. Is Prout such a bad place to be?

This campus has been great to me overall, and I've made great friends that I would never have been blessed to have if my parents didn't force me to come here five years ago. At the time I would have done anything to stay at chariho. Going to a new school with uniforms and prayer appeared foreign and frightening.

The experience here was anything but. I was immediately accepted as one of the students, starting with being greeted by a polite and funny looking kid with curly hair and glasses. Soon after that I became inseperable with his group of friends, and aside from the college prep-honors/IB segregation, we're still together.

However, we are now down to mere days in which we have time to spend together. Having said all this, it's hard for me to understand the great urgency to leave it all behind. My attitude is that I don't have time to waste on anticipating escape. I'm going to appreciate the time I have here while I can.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dylan said...

They eagerly await their departure because they are sheep, and their shephards are those with willpower.

I was forced to Prout too, and I swore to my "friends" at Narragansett that I would purposely get expelled to be with them again. People really treat you nicely when they find out that you're going to be gone soon.

Then I turned into the polite and funny looking kid with curly hair and glasses... go figure.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I feel the same way. I do want to get out of high school, but I'm not really eagerly counting down the days to graduation. I'm definitely not excited to say goodbye to some friends for who knows how long and risk not seeing others... I think most people are not as eager as they seem to get out and counting down the days is more of a habit. Or we just haven't realized that once we graduate we won't be coming back...

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

Here is the ultimate question:

Are you the person to dive into the fridged waters of the lake or wade in slowly? Or prehaps you just don't go in at all... it's really up to you.

(Dylan's metaphor clashes with Kyle's!)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home