I can't come up with a good title -_-

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Feeling nostalgic

I miss when Walker: Texas Ranger was on television. Every week my dad and I would turn to CBS to watch Walker save the day again within an hour. Walker didn't always do it by himself though; he often worked with witnesses of crimes to get clues. Sometimes he had another texas ranger with him as he battled with random villians who kidnapped someone or traded illegal drugs.

However, the fact that he didn't get the job done by himself didn't cross my mind as lame, nor did I think it was particularly realistic for him to have help. Most details in television programs don't cross your mind when you're a little kid. Talented and terrible actors are all in the same group. Fight scenes where nobody ends up bleeding or broken seem as real as rain. Any script that included action scenes passed the criteria for a quality storyline.

All that really mattered to me was that while I saw every punch, jab, throw, and roundhouse kick, my dad was right there watching with me.

To this day we keep that remote control close at hand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

<(^^)>!

DJ has a cute past!

Do you think you were aware of your Dole-Choosen Status at that age?

3:48 AM  
Blogger Seraface said...

What about "Chuck Norris: Karate-Action Hero"? or something like that it was like a GI-Joe kinda cartoon that used Chuck Norris as its main character fighting the evil forces etc.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home