I can't come up with a good title -_-

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Do I care about school work anymore?

It depends on the class. I care about classes that have teachers that care to teach me something. I say this because there's a big difference between keeping the work coming for growth and keeping it coming for busy work.

In here I've grown an appreciation for how vastly different people's writing styles are from each other. I've had the honor of seeing into experiences of my classmates in these blogs. Besides that, I've been challenged to think about different topics in class discussion that I never would have thought of on my own. This blog has never been a source of busy work for a second.

Also, taking a fourth year of italian has been the best thing to ever happen to my speaking ability in the language. I've had a different teacher for all four years, and they all did their best to teach us. However, I didn't truly have a great understanding of how to speak until I walked into my current class.

Why? The first three years it was enough to be able to copy down a sentence from a story book or end the verb with the right letter for the tense. Now, we are challenged to produce coherant sentences on the spot in class, write compositions that become covered with red ink, and understand the teacher as she actually speaks to us in italian.

Italian has felt like a drag almost all year, with all this pressure to look forward to daily. I can't say I didn't grow from it, though. In fact, it helped me catch up on the growth I missed out on the last three years. Some people are happy to not have taken a fourth year, but I've found that it gave my first three a purpose.

I guess I care too much about how hard I've worked these last four years to slack off and let my grade slip for no reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Kyle said...

Dole!

Ninja!

(Two 'it status' removing words)

<(^^)>

Because it gets you so pumped!!!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home